Help us reach more people. All the funds will be used to improve the website!

30 November 2016

Real Love Counts The Most in The Long Term

By Sicebise Msengana










Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
Ann Landers

During my time in high school, I had a massive amount of love for a beautiful girl.  Sometimes I would lay awake at night and think  about my crush, I would close my eyes and see myself asking her out.

We would laugh at each other’s jokes and cuddle like puppies...until I opened my eyes. This fantasy could keep me busy for hours on end. The daydreaming continued until I summoned my courage to ask for her number. Which she gave me. The first dates were great. It was the best period of my life...what a connection!


She always had me coming back for more. She had me falling in love over and over...
Now, the relationship storms that sank weaker ships came. It dawned on me that there’s no need to be someone for the sake of it. Being with someone who treats you right is the best option for your heart and sanity. 12 tips for improving your relationship:

1. He/she may not be perfect on your ‘list’, but they will be willing to meet you at your point of need.

2. You can give up on a relationship but not on love. Love is like air. We all need it to breathe. Be sure to learn from your past relationships and resolve the problems and get going.

3. Never play with someone who trusts you their heart break.

4. Meaningless sex can scar you(something most people refuse to admit), especially when it is not done with the right mindset and maturity.

5. Don’t focus on trying to change your partner. Instead, change for yourself and be a man that you can be proud of.

6. Being with someone for the right reasons helps a couple to stay together.

7. Be the reason for your partner to smile and enjoy a better life.

8. A good relationship will require much painstaking effort and time. But the results will outweigh the instant satisfaction and costly gifts.

9. Sometimes, relationship problems get so ugly that we feel discouraged and get to a point where we will give up. For a while, the relationship may seem impossible and hard to maintain. However, there’s no need to be alone when you can be with a person who treats you right.

10.  People are made to be loved; not used.

11.  A lot of times, if someone doesn’t meet our expectations, we feel we have every right to make them suffer.  We tend to forget the focus should be on changing ourselves—not the other person.

12. Money doesn’t buy you love. I’m quite sure you heard that cliché, a couple of times before. You’re not loving the person but buying them—it more like bribing them to be in a relationship (sounds corny, right?) Instead, find someone who isn’t afraid to admit they love you with or without money. Someone who knows you’re not perfect but still loves you for who you are.


No comments: